How water scarcity in agriculture can be addressed and turned into an opportunity for sustainable development, food and nutrition security? This question is the focus of the 1st WASAG International Forum on Water Scarcity in Agriculture, that will be held in Praia, Cabo Verde from 19 to 22 March 2019. The event is under the patronage of Cabo Verde, in collaboration with Italy and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). Objectıves of the forum are the following:
- Raise awareness about the impacts of climate change, the importance of sustainable management on water in agriculture and of healthy ecosystems and their services.
- Identify the specific needs and agree on priority actions to address water scarcity in agriculture, focusing on SIDS and West African countries.
- Share experiences in addressing water scarcity in agriculture in the context of climate change.
- Establish collaboration between partners and stakeholders to ensure their commitment to finance priority actions.
- Mobilize resources to address the growing issues of water scarcity in agriculture in SIDS and the West African countries.